Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cold Snap

We're experiencing some of the coldest days so far this winter. Windchills have been below zero the past few days. Thursday had a high of 11, and today 25 degrees felt just balmy. Thought turn to the plight of the homeless and investing in better gloves. Happily, one lunchtime conversation about a client in a heat-less trailer has led to a space heater purchase and hopefully warmer nights for her and her children.

I can see the River De Peres from the Metrolink overpass, and I've enjoyed monitoriing its progression into winter. The water has shifted from an unnatural dark turquoise flow to blue stillness to proper opaque iciness. I almost want the temperature to stay below freezing so I can watch it solidify.

Last year I made a New Year's wardrobe resolution to buy more cute sundresses. This year, my "new year, new clothes" list includes a longer coat, black dress boots, and maybe a tweed skirt that can go with said boots and a pair of tights. My JCP order for suede gloves is already underway.

No comments: